|Good Neighbors (1991) is an international humanitarian, development and non-governmental organization with membership in General Consultative Status in the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Winner of the MDG 2 award in 2007, Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 17 Community Development Projects (CDP) and 3 Projects with Specific Program (PSP) in 13 districts for child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income generating activities, DRR and Rohingya emergency response activities. Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position:
Project Name: Financial support on Safe and dignified environment for adolescent girls and women in the Rohingya community, Cox’s Bazar
|1. Key Position Information
|Title of Post
||Ukhiya, Camp 15, Cox’s Bazar
||GNB Project Focal
||28 Jan 2023
||Up to 15 July 2023 (Can be extend 6 months more)
|2. Basic Requirement:
- Education: Minimum Graduation from any govt. recognized university in Finance/Accounting /Business Administration (Major finance/accounting).
- Age: Maximum age 40 years (as on 15 January 2023)
- Experience: Minimum 2 years (experience with only evidence and relevance will count). Sound knowledge in Micro-soft office and English language (Speaking & writing).
- Preference: GN Bangladesh strongly encourages qualified female candidates to apply.
|3. Contract Information:
- Salary and Others: Salary Package for this role is 40,000 BDT (Consolidated)
- Contract Period: Annual basis contractual position with 03 months’ probation period. Extension depends on probation and yearly performance evaluation.
|4. Job Assignment in Brief:
||Types of Responsibilities
||Details about Job Responsibilities
- Ensure quality financial management in project implementation.
- Ensure all expenses made are reasonable, accurate and in compliance with cost principles procedures of the program/FD-7& FC1
- Manage the NGOAB, DC, RRRC, UNO, CiC & other regulatory bodies and internal/external audit.
- Assist to keep & maintain all financial related books and other relevant record.
- Provide information & data to prepare reports for respective authorities as per need through admin and finance manager.
- Assist for handling all bank transactions such as cash or cheque withdrawn, deposit on bank, cheque book maintains, bank statement collection etc.
- Prepare staffs monthly salary statement & transfer to staff salary A/C.
- Assist the external and internal auditors in accounts and compliance of statutory requirements.
- Follow & uphold the organization’s policy of HRM and Manage project staff personal file, maintain administrative register and files.
- Support to create liaison, communication and networking with relevant partners.
- Support to prepare monthly and yearly financial and admin activities schedule.
- Monitoring and tracking of expenditure against budget.
- Regular update all records and registers
- Assist to arrange in various types of stakeholders’ meetings, workshops and reconciliation process.
- Support to provide information, reports, special assignments required by donor or GNB as and when required.
- Support to find out and mitigate project admin and finance related threat, weakness and utilize opportunities.
- Any other duties required by project authorities.
|5. Capacity Requirement
- Fully computer literate and demonstrated a high understanding of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Assist to maintain all financial related books, registers, reports, documents
- Maintaining activities related to human resource management, project logistic management and asset management.
- Positive attitude towards social service and adaptability to organizational vision and values
- Assisting to facilitate liaison & communication with relevant partners
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with external partners and capacity to interact in a multicultural environment.
- Agile working mindset and adaptable to fast changes
- A flexible, positive, and inspirational team player
|6. Application Procedure:
Submission of Application: Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to download the Prescribed format (prescribed format)Application Format and/or send CV to the email address email@example.com by 28 Jan 2023.
(Must mention basic information of yourself, age, total year of experience, education with major subject, expected and current salary amount, possible date of joining, preferred job location, 2 references in your CV)
Applications without required information, proper subject in email or incomplete application will not be considered.
Please mention the position name “Accountant” in the email subject line.
Call for interview: If your CV is selected then a recruiter will invite you over phone/email, followed by a couple of written/oral tests as applicable for the recruitment of the position. (Please provide your active email address, mobile number, and/ or contact information)
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an assessment.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
*Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.
Good Neighbors Bangladesh is concerned about the rights of children and women and has a “Zero Tolerance” policy for any kind of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.