Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian and development non-governmental organization in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 14 Community Development Projects (CDPs) and 3 Projects with Special Program in 11 districts on child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income-generating activities, emergency response. Winner of MDG 2 award in 2007. Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position for Building Resilience to Achieve Zero Hunger (BRAZH) project funded by UN WFP:
Position: Business Development Officer (BDO)
Job Location: Sadar Upazila, Kurigram
- Education: Master degree in Business Administration/ Agriculture/Economics or Social Science from any reputed university
- Experience: 5 years work experience; with at least 2 years’ experience in IGA, enterprise, markets-based or value chain development projects
- Age: Minimum age 35 years (as on 01st March 2020)
- Call for interview: Interview will be held in Dhaka office with the short-listed candidates only (please provide your active email address)
- Consolidated Remuneration: Tk. 35,000 – 40,000 (per month)
- Contract Period: Contractual One (1) year with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.
Job Assignment in Brief:
- Plan, develop, design, implement, and monitor the SLP, FbF and CRI activities
- Support and guide on the development of producer organizations and small-scale enterprises to develop business plan, financial projection, financial analysis, and business management
- Provide support to smallholder farmers, community-based organization/cooperatives, traders association and small enterprises on the business plan and management
- Conduct market assessment and analyses the information to design project activities
- Identify and analyses the potential opportunities to improve project participants’ access to markets and to improve the efficiency of market actors.
- Identify potential service providers, input/output market actors, project partners, and producers (households) and develop strategies for analyzing and addressing their constraints.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly implementation plans for the assigned area in accordance with a detailed annual activity plan of the project.
- Provide technical support to the participants to develop business plans for various income-generating activities through facilitating the consultation process with the women;
- Design and develop training programs and appropriate training materials on entrepreneurship development, income-generating activities based on needs of the women participants of the project and incorporate behavioral change communication (BCC) component in the regular training activities;
- Facilitate competitive IGA/value chain for agricultural input & product marketing
- Conduct and facilitate different workshops/meetings, orientation, and discussion sessions.
- Supervise, monitor, collect data, analyses and prepare the report
- Establish collaboration and working relationship with the union and Upazila level officials and other relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate project beneficiaries to establish linkage with input and output market actors
Details Terms of Reference:
Terms of Reference
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
- Please download the prescribed format Application Format and email your application to email@example.com by 28 March 2020.
- Candidates must have to fill up the prescribed form duly with every field and mention the subject of education specifically.
- Please mention the position name in the email subject line like as: “name_position applied for_”.
Applications which are not in the ‘prescribed format’ or incomplete application will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for assessment.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Good Neighbors Bangladesh
Plot 5, Road 02, Block A
Swadesh Shornaly Abashan
Purbachal Express Highway
Barua, Khilkhet, Dhaka-1229
IP phone: +88-09613858585
* Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.