Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian and development non-governmental organization in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 14 Community Development Projects (CDPs) and 3 Projects with Specific Program (PSPs) in 11 districts on child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income-generating activities, DRR, and humanitarian response. Winner of MDG 2 award in 2007. Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position:
Position: Commercial Officer
Job Location: GNB Head Office, Dhaka
- Education: M. Com/ MBA (Accounting/Management/Finance). If an Individual has Any Extra Professional degree in import and export shall get preference.
- Age: Minimum age 30 years and maximum age 40 years (as of 30 November 2020). Age may be relaxed for deserving candidate
- Experience: 8 to 10 years or above relevant job experiences (experience with only evidence and relevance will count). Experience may be relaxed for the deserving candidate.
- Application: In the prescribed format to be submitted via email. Applications without ‘prescribed format’ will not be considered
- Call for interview: Interview will be held in Dhaka office with the short-listed candidates only (please provide your active email address and Phone Number)
- Preference: Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Consolidated Remuneration: Tk.30,000 – 35,000 (per month)
- Contract Period: 2 years (including minimum 6 months in probation period)
Job Assignment in Brief:
- Maintain and lead on effective liaison & communication with Government Affairs & Ministry, Shipping Line, Forwarding Agents, and otherss in relation to import consignment and custom clearance.
- Assist to maintain liaison and communication with the NGO Affairs Bureau for project approval and foreign staff work permit and security clearance.
- Reporting and networking buildup as per organization requirements.
- Having sound knowledge in Bank activities, customs rules & regulations related to import/export
- To ensure port and customs operations effectively.
- To ensure all logistics activities related to import & export. (mandatory on Import)
- Checking and controlling of import required documents with the shipper and customs or relevant affairs.
- Should have comparative knowledge on:
- (a) All import/export procedure related to Commercial & Non-Profitable Organization (NGO)(b) Shipping document related to import/export. (Mandatory on Import)(c) Bond and various license related to this issue
(d) All C&F activities, L/C opening activities, Freight Forward, Transportation, etc.
(e) Import & Export govt. act, SRO, HS code, and other relevant policy
- Ability to handle multiple activities at a time.
- Should have good communication skill especially in the English Language
- Must be good in the Internet, MS office package and relevant software
- Should have knowledge of liaison with different stakeholder
- Ability to handle the audit as per standard
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
- Please download the prescribed format Application Format and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 November 2020.
- Candidates must have to fill up the prescribed form duly with every field and mention the subject of education specifically.
- Please mention the position name in the email subject line like as: “name_position applied for_”.
Applications which are not in the ‘prescribed format’ or incomplete application will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an assessment.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Good Neighbors Bangladesh
Plot 5, Road 02, Block A
Swadesh Shornaly Abashan
Purbachal Express Highway
Barua, Khilkhet, Dhaka-1229
IP phone: +88-09613858585
* Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.
Good Neighbors Bangladesh is concerned about the rights of children and women and has “Zero Tolerance” policy for any kind of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.