|Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian and development non-governmental organization with membership in General Consultative Status in the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Good Neighbors Bangladesh, established in 1996, is operating 16 Community Development Projects (CDP) and 3 Projects with Specific Program (PSP) in 12 districts for child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income-generating activities, DRR, and Rohingya Emergency Response Project. Winner of MDG 2 award in 2007. Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position: |
|Position (1): Construction Engineer|
|Job Location: UNICEF RER Project, Cox’s Bazar|
- Education: BSC/Diploma in Civil Engineering from any recognized university/ institution
- Age: Minimum age 25 years and maximum age 40 years (as on 15 June 2022)
- Experience: Minimum 2 to 3 years practical experiences in Designing, Survey, Project Management, Construction, Water Supply & Civil Engineering, Project engineering/Site engineering in GO/NGO/INGO (experience with only evidence and relevance will count)
- Application: Send your CV in prescribed format with a separate Job Application/Cover Letter to the email address mentioned below. Applications without ‘prescribed format’ will not be considered.
- Call for interview: Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview (please provide your active email address and mobile number)
- Preference: Only male candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
|Contract Information: |
Consolidated Remuneration: Tk. 55,000 (per month)
Contract Period: 3 months (There is a possibility to extend depending on the performance and the project extension)
|Job Assignment in Brief:
- Understanding the design and construction thoroughly; Must have ability to handle a
- Preparing information regarding design, structure, specifications, materials, equipment, estimated costs and construction time as per organizational
- Work closely with the site sub-contractor engineer, need assessment and vendor selection, construction budget forecasting and expenses
- Analyze the contractor’s construction works, to ensure timely completion of works as per planned schedule
- Co-ordinate and solve construction related problems by consulting with Head office and sub-contractor
- Day to day implementation monitoring & supervision of site work till the completion of plan schedule
- In depth knowledge on project budget & cost forecasting, inventory management & analysis on construction
- Quality of construction materials used and proper curing & nurturing of construction
- Purchase science lab apparatus and other scientifically equipment as per project need Meeting with stakeholders and liaison with local
- Proper communication with vendors and contractors, Regular correspondents with Head office
- Prepare day to day report and weekly progress report and send it to Head Office after completing every single of part
- Target plan for achieving the project goal, Maintain all relevant documents properly with evidence, Other responsibility as per management decision
- Intend to work Thana level and regular monitoring, supervision and construction field visit as per construction site.
- Should have good communication skill (Bangla and English both)
- Must be good in using internet, MS office package and relevant software operating
- Should have expertise in project management, Auto CAD and Construction
- Ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural office environment
|Application Procedure: |
Only short-listed candidates will be called for assessment.
- If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly: Send your CV (Must mention basic information about yourself, age, total year of experience, education with the major subject, expected and current salary amount, possible date of joining, preferred job location, 2 references in your CV) with an application/cover letter to: email@example.com by 21 June 2022.
- Please mention the position name [Construction Engineer] in the email subject line.
- Applications which are not in the ‘prescribed format’ Application Format or incomplete application will not be considered.
Address: Good Neighbors Bangladesh, House 5, Road 2, Block A, Swadesh Shornaly Abashan, Purbachal Express Highway, Barua, Khilkhet, Dhaka 1229,IP phone: +88-09613858585
*Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result to disqualification.
Good Neighbors Bangladesh is concerned about the rights of child and women and has “Zero Tolerance” approach for any kind of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.