Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian and development non-governmental organization in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 14 Community Development Projects (CDPs) and 3 Projects with Special Program in 11 districts on child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income-generating activities, emergency response. Winner of MDG 2 award in 2007. Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position for SAMSUNG Village project funded by SAMSUNG C&T:
Position: Construction In-Charge
Vacancy: 1 person
Job Nature: Contractual
Duration: 15 months
- Understanding of design and construction thoroughly; Must have the ability to handle a project.
- Prepare information regarding design, structure, specifications, materials, equipment, estimated costs and construction time as per organization concept
- Work closely with the site sub-contractor engineer
- Need assessment and Vendor selection
- Construction budget forecasting and expenses
- Analyze the contractor’s construction works
- To ensure timely completion of works as per planned schedule.
- Co-ordinate and solve construction related problems by consulting with the Head office and sub-contractor.
- Day to day implementation monitoring & supervision of site work till the completion of plan schedule
- In-depth knowledge on project budget & cost forecasting, inventory management & analysis on construction
- Quality of construction materials used and proper curing & nurturing of construction
- Purchase science lab apparatus and other scientifical equipment as per project need
- Meeting with stakeholders and liaison with local govt.
- Proper communication with vendors and contractors
- Regular correspondents with Head office
- Prepare day to day report and weekly progress report and send it to Head Office after completing every single of part
- Target plan for achieving the project goal.
- Maintain all relevant documents properly with evidence
- Other responsibility as per management decision
- BSC/Diploma in Civil Engineering from any recognized institution
The applicants should have working experience 2~3 years in the following area(s):
- Designing, Survey, Project Management, Construction, Water Supply & Civil Engineering
- The applicants have experience as a Project engineering/Site engineering in GO/NGO/INGO
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards of NGO
- Age: Under 30 years.
- Expert on AutoCAD and Construction Project Management.
- Advance MS office skills.
- Good command over English and Report writing.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects and people
Job Location: Mirpur, Dhaka
Salary Range: Negotiable
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
- Please download the prescribed format Application Format and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 April 2020.
- Candidates must have to fill up the prescribed form duly with every field and mention the subject of education specifically.
- Please mention the position name in the email subject line like as: “name_position applied for_”.
Applications which are not in the ‘prescribed format’ or incomplete application will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for assessment.
Good Neighbors Bangladesh
Plot 5, Road 02, Block A
Swadesh Shornaly Abashan
Purbachal Express Highway
Barua, Khilkhet, Dhaka-1229
IP phone: +88-09613858585
* Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.