Good Neighbors (1991) is an international humanitarian, development, and non-governmental organization with membership in General Consultative Status in the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Winner of the MDG 2 award in 2007, Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 17 Community Development Projects (CDP) and 3 Projects with Specific Program (PSP) in 13 districts for child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income-generating activities, DRR and Rohingya emergency response activities. Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position:
Project Name: “Construction and renovation of cyclone shelters and enhancement of the community’s capability of disaster prevention in Kalapara Upazila, Patuakhali, Bangladesh”.
Funded and cooperated by: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and GN Japan
1. Key Position Information
|Title of Post||Technical Person Engineer, DRR_GN JP||Employment Type||Contractual|
|Post Number||1||Location||Kalapara Upazila, Patuakhali District|
|Report to||Project Coordinator||Closing Date||30 September 2023|
|Contract Period||1 year [Extendable depending upon evaluation until the end of the project]|
- Education: Minimum Graduation from any govt. recognized university in Civil Engineering.
- Desired: Masters in related field
- Age: Maximum age 40 years (as on 30 September 2023)
- Experience: Minimum 3 years (experience with only evidence and relevance will count). Sound knowledge in AutoCAD (2D & 3D) Microsoft word, excel, access, PowerPoint, internet browsing and good command in English will be given priority.
- Preference: GN Bangladesh strongly encourages qualified female candidates to apply.
- Salary and Others: Salary Package for this role is 53,000-55,000 BDT (Consolidated)
- Contract Period: Annual basis contractual position with 03 months’ probation period. Extension depends on probation and yearly performance evaluation.
4. Job Assignment in Brief:
|Sl No||Types of Responsibilities||Details about Job Responsibilities|
|Any other duties required by project authorities|
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with external partners and capacity to interact in a multicultural environment.
- Positive attitude towards social service and adaptability to organizational vision and values
- Ability to deal with community people in a positive manner and mentality to work for the marginal people
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in GN community-led approaches
- Monitoring the construction works and certifying all payments, ensuring safety security of the construction area
- Ensuring the quality of construction materials & proper disposal of wastage.
- Negotiation with local and govt. level technical person and report to authority.
- Agile working mindset and adaptability to fast changes
- A flexible, positive, and inspirational team player
6. Application Procedure:
Submission of Application: Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to download the Prescribed format (prescribed format)Application Format and/or send CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2023.
(Must mention basic information of yourself, age, total year of experience, education with major subject, expected and current salary amount, possible date of joining, preferred job location, 2 references in your CV)
Applications without the required information, proper subject in the email, or incomplete application will not be considered.
Please mention the position name “Technical Person-Engineer, DRR_GN JP” in the email subject line.
Call for interview: If your CV is selected, a recruiter will invite you over the phone/email, followed by a couple of written/oral tests as applicable for the recruitment of the position. (Please provide your active email address, mobile number, and/ or contact information)
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an assessment.
Only female candidates are allowed to apply.
*Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after the recruitment test) will result in disqualification.