Good Neighbors (1991) is an international humanitarian, development, and non-governmental organization with membership in General Consultative Status in the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Winner of the MDG 2 award in 2007, Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 17 Community Development Projects (CDP) and 3 Projects with Specific Program (PSP) in 13 districts for child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income-generating activities, DRR and Rohingya emergency response activities. Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position:
Project Name: Improving safe and dignified lives for Girls and Women through women empowerment and GBV services in the Rohingya and Host Community, Cox’s Bazar
Funded and cooperated by: Good Neighbors Global Partnership Center
|1. Key Position Information|
|Title of Post||GBV Response Officer||Employment Type||Contractual|
|Post Number||1||Location||Camp 15 Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar|
|Report to||GNB Project Focal||Closing Date||30 July 2023|
|Contract Period||6 months [Extendable depending upon evaluation until the end of the project]|
- Basic Requirement:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Gender studies, Public health, Social work, Humanities, Law or other related discipline.
- Desired: Master’s in related field
- Age: Age maximum 40 years (as on 30 July 2023)
- 2 years’ experience in NGO/INGO setting
- Experience on implementing Sexual and reproductive health and/or Gender focused projects in emergency
- Experience on working with internally displaced people
Eligible: Only qualified female candidates are allowed to apply.
- Contract Information:
- Salary and Others: Salary Package for this role is 44,800 BDT (Consolidated)
- Contract Period: 6 months (Can be extended up to 1 year) Contractual position. The extension depends on 6 month and yearly performance evaluation.
- Job Assignment in Brief:
|Sl No||Types of Responsibilities||Details about Job Responsibilities|
|1||Primary Responsibilities(Planning and Implementation of Program Activities)||
|3||Other Responsibilities||Any other duties required by project authorities|
- Capacity Requirement:
- Experience in supervising field staff is required.
- Sound knowledge in Micro-soft Office and English language (Speaking & writing).
- Strong knowledge of IASC GBV Guidelines and Gender Handbook, Humanitarian Principles, IASC Protection, GBV, and CP minimum standards and guidelines.
- Strong understanding of case management principles, procedures, and practices, psychosocial support, and life skills programming to promote survivor healing and recovery.
- Must be comfortable attending and facilitating internal/external meetings, representing GBV issues.
- Practical field experience working in camps or spontaneous/informal/makeshift settlements is required.
- Strong organizational skills, deadline-oriented, composed under pressure, adept at prioritizing tasks, coordinating multiple responsibilities, and maintaining meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment; good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- REQUIRED: Fluent communication skills in both verbal and written Bangla, Rohingya/Chattogram.
- Strong belief in and commitment to human rights and gender equality.
- Willingness to live and work in difficult and rapidly changing conditions.
- Constructive and proactive communication with a wide variety of actors and stakeholders.
- Positive attitude towards social service and adaptability to organizational vision and values
6. Application Procedure:
Submission of Application: Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to download the Prescribed format (prescribed format)Application Format and/or send CV to the email address email@example.com by 30 July 2023.
(Must mention basic information of yourself, age, total year of experience, education with major subject, expected and current salary amount, possible date of joining, preferred job location, 2 references in your CV)
Applications without the required information, proper subject in the email, or incomplete application will not be considered.
Please mention the position name “GBV Response Officer” in the email subject line.
Call for interview: If your CV is selected, a recruiter will invite you over the phone/email, followed by a couple of written/oral tests as applicable for the recruitment of the position. (Please provide your active email address, mobile number, and/ or contact information)
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an assessment.
Only female candidates are allowed to apply.
*Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after the recruitment test) will result in disqualification.