|Good Neighbors (1991) is an international humanitarian, development and non-governmental organization with membership in General Consultative Status in the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Winner of the MDG 2 award in 2007, Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 16 Community Development Projects (CDP) and 2 Projects with Specific Program (PSP) in 12 districts for child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income generating activities, DRR and Rohingya emergency response activities. Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position:
|1. Key Position Information
|Title of Post
||GN Bangladesh Work Area (Urban/Rural)
||Date of Issue
||13 September 2022
|The effective date of the assignment
||As soon as possible
||06 October 2022
|Please refer to Nature and Features of GNB CDPs and their locations.
Nature and Features of GNB CDPs
|2. Basic Requirement:
- Education: Master’s degree preferably in Social Science, Development Studies, Economics, Development Economics, Environmental Science & Disaster Management.
- Age: Maximum age 40 years (as on 06 October 2022)
- Experience: Minimum 3 years’ practical experiences in managerial position (experience with only evidence and relevance will count)
- Preference: GN Bangladesh strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position.
|3. Contract Information:
- Salary and Others: Salary Package for this role is negotiable. Plus 100% festival bonus, 15 days paid leave excluding public holidays and training opportunities for career development.
- Contract Period: 2 years (including minimum 6 months’ probation period)
|4. Job Assignment in Brief:
|Expected end result
|Program Development and M&E
||• Design, organize, implement, managing and supervising program for child case management, education and protection activities, health activities and social economy activities.
• Lead and manage monitoring of project activities for timely inputs and outputs measurement and evaluation of project activities for capturing outcomes and impact.
• Establishing community-based networks and strengthening solidarity through community resource mobilization and collaboration with similar NGO/INGOs and other stakeholders.
|Admin Management Support
||• Leading, planning, budgeting, executing, analyzing and reporting of financial activities of CDP/Teams.
• Compliance of HR Manual, prepare HR plan, management of staff’s benefits, leaves, holidays, attendance, staff’s personnel files and training/workshop for capacity development etc.
• Conduct JD-based performance appraisal and provide appropriate and timely feedback to staff regarding their performance.
• Non-training solution (meeting, feedback sharing, supervisors mentoring and organizational culture) to overcome professional drawbacks.
||• Strengthening partnership and solidarity with NGO/INGOs, governments, international agencies, CSOs and corporate sectors.
• Expanding local fundraising initiatives and expand scope of fund raising opportunities through need assessment and project proposal writing and taking initiatives for find out the possible sources of fundraising
||• Compliance and management of GNB’s standards, approaches, procedures, guidelines and policies
• Communication, cooperation and coordination among Teams/Units
• Following the instructions/assignment given by the supervisor according to the core values of the organization
• Monitoring, supervision and reporting monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the respective teams/units at Head Office.
||• Prompt support to complete a high quality yearly Plan of Action (PoA), FD-6/FD-7. Monthly Program, project proposal/concept writing & admin related report
• Required report to meet the demand of the donor, head office and other required parties.
|5. Capacity Requirement:
- Should have good communication skills and must be good at using the internet, MS office package, and relevant software operating
- Should have knowledge of program organizing, project proposal development, data management, and report writing
- Positive attitude towards social service and adaptability to organizational vision and values
- Ability to deal with community people with a positive manner and mentality to work for the marginal people
- Good understanding of the GN community-led approaches and
- Ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural office.
|6. Application Procedure: Submission of Application: Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to download the Prescribed format (prescribed format)Application Format and/or send CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 October 2022.
(Must mention basic information of yourself, age, total year of experience, education with major subject, expected and current salary amount, possible date of joining, preferred job location, 2 references in your CV)
Applications without required information, proper subject in email or incomplete application will not be considered.
Please mention the position name “Manager (Program)” in the email subject line.
Call for interview: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the Assessment Exercises for the recruitment of the position, which may include Written/Technical test and/or Interviews, as applicable for the recruitment of the position. (please provide your active email address, mobile number and/ or contact information)
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an assessment.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
*Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.
Good Neighbors Bangladesh is concerned about the rights of children and women and has a “Zero Tolerance” policy for any kind of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.