Good Neighbors (1991) is an international humanitarian, development and non-governmental organization with membership in General Consultative Status in the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Winner of the MDG 2 award in 2007, Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 17 Community Development Projects (CDP) and 3 Projects with Specific Program (PSP) in 13 districts for child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income generating activities, DRR and Rohingya emergency response activities. Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position:
|Title of Post||Officer (Community Development Project/CDP Program)||Employment Type||Contractual|
|Location||GN Bangladesh Work Area (Urban/Rural)||Contract Period||2 Years|
|Date of Issue||07 March 2023||Closing Date||25 March 2023|
- Basic Requirement:
- Education: Minimum Graduation from any govt. recognized university in Environmental Science & Disaster Management, Social Science, Development Studies, Development Economics.
- Age: Maximum age 35 years
- Experience: Minimum 2 years (experience with only evidence and relevance will count). Sound knowledge in Micro-soft office and English language (Speaking & writing).
- Preference: GN Bangladesh strongly encourages qualified female candidates to apply.
- Contract Information:
- Salary and Others: Salary Package for this role is negotiable. Plus 100% festival bonus, 15 days paid leave excluding public holidays and training opportunities for career development.
- Contract Period: 2 years (including minimum 6 months’ probation period)
- Job Assignment in Brief:
|Sl||Types of Responsibilities||Details about Job Responsibilities|
|1.||Primary Responsibilities||· Execute field level activities implementation of DRR project interventions to achieve project outputs and objectives, including regular monitoring.
· Formation of Local Level committees/CBOs as VDMC, OMT and exploring Community risks at the community level through conducting community participation process
· Conduct survey to select the project participants based on selection criteria and producing an authentic participant list guided by program manager.
· Regular basis field level follows up and monitoring of project activities.
· Organize field-level training, Mock drill, awareness program, and day observation with project participants by the project’s concerned staff & resource persons on DRR, climate change adaptation, and operation & management of shelters.
· Support and provide information to prepare programmatic reports as per project requirement.
|2.||Secondary Responsibilities||· Support to Prepare monthly and yearly activities schedule by program manager.
· Participate & support in various types of stakeholders’ meetings, workshops and reconciliation process.
· Motivate staffs, project participants, community people and other stakeholders in order to implementing the project activities effectively and efficiently.
· Support to collect and provide information and reports required by donor or GNB as and when required.
· Circulate IEC materials among the project participant for positive behavioral change.
· Support for arrangement of MOU signing with various stakeholders as and when required.
· Preserve documents, reports and other project necessaries as per requirement.
|3.||Other Responsibilities||· Any other duties required by project authorities.|
- Capacity Requirement:
- Fully computer literate and demonstrated a high understanding of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Positive attitude towards social service and adaptability to organizational vision and values
- Ability to deal with community people with a positive manner and mentality to work for the marginal people
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in GN community-led approaches
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with external partners and capacity to interact in a multicultural environment.
- Agile working mindset and adaptable to fast changes
- A flexible, positive, and inspirational team player
6. Application Procedure:
Submission of Application: Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to download the Prescribed format (prescribed format)Application Format and/or send CV to the email address email@example.com by 25 Mar 2023.
(Must mention basic information of yourself, age, total year of experience, education with major subject, expected and current salary amount, possible date of joining, preferred job location, 2 references in your CV)
Applications without required information, proper subject in email or incomplete application will not be considered.
Please mention the position name “Officer (Community Development Project/CDP Program)” in the email subject line.
Call for interview: If your CV is selected then a recruiter will invite you over phone/email, followed by a couple of written/oral tests as applicable for the recruitment of the position. (Please provide your active email address, mobile number, and/ or contact information)
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an assessment.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
*Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.