Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian and development non-governmental organization in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 14 Community Development Projects (CDPs) and 3 Projects with Specific Program in 11 districts on child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income-generating activities, emergency response. Winner of MDG 2 award in 2007.
About the Project
From 2019 GNB has been launching a project namely KOICA-GNB CHW Project at Bochaganj, Dinajpur District. GNB has MOU with DGFP (Directorate General of Family Planning) for the improvement of maternal and neonatal health through the mobilization of CHW (Community Health workers). The project is intending to recruit suitable and skilled personnel for the following position:
Position: Public Health Specialist
Number of Vacancies: 01
Job Location: Bochaganj Upazila, Dinajpur
Employee Status: Contractual
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Management Supportive Role:
- Support to the Managers and collaboration with project staffs to lead program operational plan, and management of the project in the public health sector in maternal-child health care of the project
- Manage the initiation, implementation, and closure of activities related to maternal-child health care
- Support in project SOP and policies developed to address public health concerns of GNB & Govt. line departments
- Any other responsibilities are given by the management for the betterment of the organization/project
- Project Training & Development:
- Educate and train community health workers (CHWs) and other local health service providers
- Develop a training curriculum for health service providers and community health workers (CHWs)
- Make the educational materials for CHWs and other health providers at the community level
- Developing awareness promotion materials for target beneficiaries in the target area
- Organize maternal-child health campaign or sessions for increasing awareness, and lead the behavior change communication by distribution the educational materials
- 24/7 Safe Delivery Centre Operation:
- Supervise 24/7 safe delivery center activities and initiation for operational development
- Develop standard protocol of SDC to ensure quality service by ANC, normal Delivery and PNC services
- Manage initiation & implementation of round clock service in the SDCs
- Involve in the recruitment process of Midwives and evaluate their activity
- Coordination and Collaboration:
- Working with close coordination with line departments namely UH&FWC, CCs and Upazila level UH&FPO and UFPO as well DFPO (District Family Planning Office)
- Communicate and coordinate with GNB CDPs & Head Office sector personals to ensure the development of GN collaboration
- Understanding of govt. line facilities (UHC to MCH) and keeping good communication
- M & E tasks:
- Maintain and helping to monitor and solve public health outbreaks with health resources
- Maintain evaluation and initiation for survey or research to eradicate health hazards that affect the community (maternal-child health care)
Attitudes, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communication: Good ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally, good report writing skills in English. Official English Proficiency is must
- Technological skills: Must have excellent computer skills and knowledge such as MS-Office (WORD, EXCEL, and POWERPOINT), internet browsing and other statistical tools, etc
- Attitude: Having good knowledge of global development, global health, and OBGYN. Having positive attitudes toward the implementation of global development and global health. Having the ability to understand and to analyze maternal-child health problems and corresponding solutions. Having a highly transparent attitude and multi-tasking capability
- Medical background with at least a bachelor’s degree in public health or masters of public health (MPH) from the recognized university or equivalent academic background. MBBS background will get preference.
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in OBGYN, MNCH/RCH (Reproductive Child Health), public health, community health, global health and international health expertise in either the public or the private sector, or equivalent job experience
- Reporting to Project Manager
- Monthly salary will be BDT. 53,000/=
- S/he will have 03 months’ probation period
- Performance-based increment after probationary period
Other benefits (allowance, mobile bill and etc) will be as per organization policy
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
- Please download the prescribed format Application Format and email your application to email@example.com by 2 June 2020 17:00.
- Candidates must have to fill up the prescribed form duly with every field and mention the subject of education specifically.
- Please mention the position name in the email subject line like as: “name_position applied for_”.
Applications which are not in the ‘prescribed format’ or incomplete application will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an assessment.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
KOICA-GNB CHW PROJECT is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Good Neighbors Bangladesh
Plot 5, Road 02, Block A
Swadesh Shornaly Abashan
Purbachal Express Highway
Barua, Khilkhet, Dhaka-1229
IP phone: +88-09613858585
* Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.