|Good Neighbors (1991) is an international humanitarian, development and non-governmental organization with membership in General Consultative Status in the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Winner of the MDG 2 award in 2007, Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 16 Community Development Projects (CDP) and 2 Projects with Specific Program (PSP) in 12 districts for child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income generating activities, DRR and Rohingya emergency response activities. Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position:
Project Name: “Construction and renovation of cyclone shelters and enhancement of the community’s capability of disaster prevention in Kalapara Upazila, Patuakhali, Bangladesh”
Funded and Cooperated by: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and GN Japan.
|1. Key Position Information
|Title of Post
||Program Manager, DRR_GN JP
||Kalapara Upazila, Patuakhali District
||GNB Project Focal
||6 Dec 2022
||1 year [Extendable depending upon evaluation until the end of the project]
|2. Basic Requirement:
- Education: Master’s Degree preferable in Environmental Science & Disaster Management, Social Science, Development Studies, Development Economics.
- Age: Maximum age 40 years (as on 06 December 2022)
- Experience: Minimum 3 years (experience with only evidence and relevance will count). Sound knowledge in Micro-soft office and English language (Speaking & writing).
- Preference: GN Bangladesh strongly encourages qualified female candidates to apply.
|3. Contract Information:
- Salary and Others: Salary Package for this role is 63,000-65,000 BDT (Consolidated)
- Contract Period: Annual basis contractual position with 03 months’ probation period. Extension depends on probation and yearly performance evaluation.
|4. Job Assignment in Brief:
||Types of Responsibilities
||Details about Job Responsibilities
- Lead implementation of DRR project interventions to achieve project outputs and objectives, including regular monitoring.
- Formation of local level committees/CBOs as VDMC, OMT and exploring community risks at the community level through conducting community participation process.
- Selection of project participants based on selection criteria and producing an authentic participant list.
- Conduct follow up and monitoring of project activities progress as well as involvement of concerned project staffs in it for quality assurance.
- Organize and support field-level training, Mock drill, awareness program, and day observation with project participants by the project’s concerned staff & resource persons on DRR, climate change adaptation, and operation & management of shelters.
- Involve in conduction of training (Project staff, Local Institutes, and Local governments) on disaster management, disaster risks reduction and climate change issues.
- Ability to decision making process, activities planning, conflict resolution, problem solving and resolving community dissatisfaction.
- Regular communication and rapport build with all types of stakeholders for smooth operation of the project.
- Find out and mitigate project risks, threat, weakness and utilize opportunities.
- Preparing monthly and yearly activities schedule
- Motivate staffs, project participants, community people and other stakeholders in order to implementing the project activities effectively and efficiently.
- Support to provide and prepare information, reports, special assignments required by donor or GNB as and when required.
- Assist in developing IEC materials and circulation among the project participant for positive behavioral change.
- Arrange MOU signing with various stakeholders as and when required.
- Assist in preparing document reports and preserve necessary materials (audio, video, photos, registers)
- Any other duties required by project authorities.
|5. Capacity Requirement:
- Fully computer literate and demonstrated a high understanding of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Positive attitude towards social service and adaptability to organizational vision and values
- Ability to deal with community people with a positive manner and mentality to work for the marginal people
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in GN community-led approaches
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with external partners and capacity to interact in a multicultural environment.
- Agile working mindset and adaptable to fast changes
- A flexible, positive, and inspirational team player
|6. Application Procedure: Submission of Application: Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to download the Prescribed format (prescribed format)Application Format and/or send CV to the email address email@example.com by 6 Dec 2022.
(Must mention basic information of yourself, age, total year of experience, education with major subject, expected and current salary amount, possible date of joining, preferred job location, 2 references in your CV)
Applications without required information, proper subject in email or incomplete application will not be considered.
Please mention the position name “Program Manager, DRR_GN JP” in the email subject line.
Call for interview: If your CV is selected then a recruiter will invite you over phone/email, followed by a couple of written/oral tests as applicable for the recruitment of the position. (Please provide your active email address, mobile number, and/ or contact information)
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an assessment.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
*Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.
Good Neighbors Bangladesh is concerned about the rights of children and women and has a “Zero Tolerance” policy for any kind of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.