Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian and development non-governmental organization with membership in General Consultative Status in the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Good Neighbors Bangladesh, established in 1996, is operating 14 Community Development Projects (CDP) and 3 Projects with Specific Program (PSP) in 11 districts for child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income-generating activities, DRR, and ICT education project. Winner of MDG 2 award in 2007. GNB intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position:
Position (1): Psychosocial Support Officer
Job Location: Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar
- Education: Minimum graduation on Psychology/Social Science/Social work
- Age: Minimum age 28 years and maximum age 40 years (as on 15 February 2020).
- Experience: Minimum 6 months in the mentioned field (experience with only evidence and relevance will count).
- Application: In the prescribed format to be submitted via email. Applications without ‘prescribed format’ will not be considered.
- Call for interview: Interview will be held in the Dhaka office with the short-listed candidates only (please provide your active email address).
- Preference: Only female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Consolidated Remuneration: Tk. 35,000 – 40,000 (per month)
- Contract Period: 6 months (Can be extended up to November 2020)
Job Assignment in Brief:
- The PSS Officer will be responsible for providing direct psychosocial services, including group-based psychosocial activities to conflict-affected and displaced survivors.
- Provide age-appropriate PSS to survivors, including assessment of client needs; basic crisis counseling; supporting clients in developing a plan to address their individual needs and safely implementing this plan; support to clients in pursuing services from other service providers as per clients’ wishes.
- Build the capacities of the team in organizing and implementing community-based psychosocial activities and recreational activities;
- Carry out community outreach and awareness-raising on available services and key messages of the project.
- Document all program and client activity in an accurate and timely manner using standardized tools and forms.
- Manage (identity, counsel, refer) individual protection cases, including maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining service mapping and referral pathways.
- Refer – in coordination with the Protection and/or Legal Officers – protection issues to relevant partners for adequate assistance, and update the database.
- Contribute to the capacity building of community groups, and stakeholders on psychosocial needs and activities for beneficiaries
- Sound knowledge and understanding on core humanitarian principles.
- Have practical experience in humanitarian related work
- Good communication skills.
- Experience on working with communities.
- Can follow the working plan and program strategies
- Must know Chitagangiya/Rohingya language.
- Committed to GNB Core Values and Mission.
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
- Please download the prescribed format from here Application Format and email your application to email@example.com by 15 February 2020
- Should have to submit the application with the prescribed format.
- Please mention the position name in the email subject line like as: such as “name_position applied for_”.
Applications which are not in the ‘prescribed format’ or incomplete application will not be considered.
Good Neighbors Bangladesh
Plot 5, Road 02, Block A
Swadesh Shornaly Abashan
Purbachal Express Highway
Barua, Khilkhet, Dhaka-1229
IP phone: +88-09613858585
* Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.