Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian and development non-governmental organization in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 14 Community Development Projects (CDPs) and 3 Projects with Specific Program in 11 districts on child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income-generating activities, emergency response. Winner of MDG 2 award in 2007. Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position for the SAMSUNG Village project funded by SAMSUNG C&T.
Position (1): Project Manager (SAMSUNG Village)
Job Location: Mirpur, Dhaka
- Education: Master’s degree, Social Science/Social Work educational background will get preference.
- Age: Minimum age 30 years and maximum age 35 years (as on 23 July 2020)
- Experience: Minimum 3 years in the mentioned field (experience with only evidence and relevance will count)
- Application: In the prescribed format to be submitted via email. Applications without ‘prescribed format’ will not be considered
- Call for interview: Interview will be held in Dhaka office with the short-listed candidates only (please provide your active email address)
- Consolidated Remuneration: Tk. 40,000 – 50,000 monthly (negotiable)
- Contract Period: 3 August 2020 to 31 June 2021
Job Assignment in Brief:
- Lead a team and ensure the achievement of the planned activities of the SAMSUNG Village Project.
- Effectively and efficiently coordinating with development partners and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with Govt. schools and local Govt. official in order to achieve the target of the project.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of the project activates.
- Communication with print and electronic media to forecast project activities.
- Managing the admin and activities upon pre-defined project plan
- Maintaining efficient communication with HO, international office, and SAMSUNG office.
- Preparing a monthly operational plan for implementing project activities smoothly.
- Redesigning and budgeting for the project activities if necessary
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and annual progress reports, learning, and good practice documents and discriminate to donor and head office.
- Facilitate or organize training, meeting, campaign, and session in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Follow up and monitoring the progress of works and provide necessary guidance to ensure quality.
- Work with a team and build their capacity through coaching, mentoring, and regular meetings in line with quality assurance.
- Maintaining financial, logistic, and assets management.
- Effective staff management to keep members sufficiently involved and motivated
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Sound knowledge on child-friendly environment and humanitarian principles.
- Have good leadership, conflict management, coaching, mentoring, and team-building skills.
- Strong problem identification, analytical, solving skills, and adaptability with the situation.
- Experience in working with communities and local governments, INGOs, and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Committed to GNB Core Values and Mission.
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
- Please download the prescribed format Application Format and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 July 2020.
- Candidates must have to fill up the prescribed form duly with every field and mention the subject of education specifically.
- Please mention the position name in the email subject line like as: “name_position applied for_”.
Applications which are not in the ‘prescribed format’ or incomplete application will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an assessment.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Good Neighbors Bangladesh
Plot 5, Road 02, Block A
Swadesh Shornaly Abashan
Purbachal Express Highway
Barua, Khilkhet, Dhaka-1229
IP phone: +88-09613858585
* Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.