Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian and development non-governmental organization in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 14 Community Development Projects (CDPs) and 3 Projects with Specific Program in 11 districts on child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income-generating activities, emergency response. Winner of MDG 2 award in 2007.
About the Project
In 2019 GNB has been launching a project namely KOICA-GNB CHW Project at Bochaganj, Dinajpur District. GNB has MOU with DGFP (Directorate General of Family Planning) for the improvement of maternal and neonatal health through the mobilization of CHW (Community Health workers). This project has a plan to operate two 24/7 Safe Delivery Centres at 01 No Nafanagar and 02 No Ishania Union to ensure normal delivery service at the community level under the existing UH&FWCs (Union Health & Family Welfare Centre). Now the project is intending to recruit suitable experienced and skilled personnel for the following positions:
Position: SDC Midwife
Number of Vacancies: 06
Job Location: Bochaganj Upazila, Dinajpur
Employee Status: Contractual
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Management Supportive Role:
- Ability to make 24/7 Safe Delivery Centre (SDC) operational and management plan
- Develop standard procedure or protocol of SDC to ensure quality service by ANC, normal Delivery and PNC services
- Manage initiation & implementation of round clock service in the target SDC
- Any other responsibilities are given by the management for the betterment of the project
- 24/7 Safe Delivery Centre Operation:
- Available for 24/7 hours in the SDC for quality normal delivery service
- Conduct ANC & PNC service to the mothers as per Govt. protocol
- Manage obstetric emergencies and referral system in coordination with CHW and UH&FWC staffs
- Conduct normal deliveries including appropriate monitoring, intervention and maintain service protocol to avoid risk factors
- Ensure infection prevention and control (IPC) measures at SDC
- Maintain and manage SDC (registers & record keeping, equipment & inventory lists)
- Prepare narrative and statistical data reports (monthly, as when) based on SDC services
- Participation in CHW Supervisor & Govt. Health workers meeting
- Maintain rotation duty for 24/7 services in the SDC
- Coordination and Collaboration:
- Working in close collaboration with UH&FWC govt. officials
- Communicate and coordinate with GNB CDPs & Head Office sector personals to ensure the development of GN collaboration
- Keep good communication with local hospitals for partnership cooperation and support
- Understanding of govt. line facilities (UHC to MCH) and keeping good communication
- Attitudes, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professional Cordial Behaviour: Ability to be very cordial to pregnant mothers or patients to create motivational interest to come and habitual to SDC.
- Communication: Good ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally, good report writing skills in English.
- Attitude: Having a highly transparent and positive attitude towards providing service to the community of pregnant mothers.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Diploma in Midwifery from Govt. or other recognized institutions with a BNMC registration. FWV position experience will get preference.
- Have experience and capacity at least 2 years in conducting normal delivery service and have good knowledge of ANC & PNC service as per Govt. standard protocol.
- Only female candidates are allowed to apply
- She has to stay at SDC residential accommodation
- Good health and fitness
- Monthly salary will be BDT. 25,000
- She will have 03 months’ probation period
- Performance-based increment after probationary period
- Accommodation at the SDC campus.
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
- Please download the prescribed format Application Format and email your application to email@example.com by 31 May 2020 17:00.
- Candidates must have to fill up the prescribed form duly with every field and mention the subject of education specifically.
- Please mention the position name in the email subject line like as: “name_position applied for_”.
Applications which are not in the ‘prescribed format’ or incomplete application will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an assessment.
KOICA-GNB CHW PROJECT is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Good Neighbors Bangladesh
Plot 5, Road 02, Block A
Swadesh Shornaly Abashan
Purbachal Express Highway
Barua, Khilkhet, Dhaka-1229
IP phone: +88-09613858585
* Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.