Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian and development non-governmental organization in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) is operating 14 Community Development Projects (CDPs) and 3 Projects with Special Program in 11 districts on child protection, education, health, women empowerment, income-generating activities, emergency response. Winner of MDG 2 award in 2007. Good Neighbors Bangladesh (GNB) intends to recruit suitable personnel for the following position for Building Resilience to Achieve Zero Hunger (BRAZH) project funded by UN WFP:
Position: Short term consultant for IGAs
Job Location: Sadar Upazila, Kurigram
- Education & Experience: Advanced University degree (MBA) or higher in Economics/ Social science and above 5 years progressively responsible experience in research and managing data/information with a special focus on IGA, value chain and marketing, poverty, food security and development issues in the rural area of Bangladesh.
- Skill and Competencies:
- Advanced knowledge of subsector analysis, with preferably a demonstrated experience in conducting various such subsector studies.
- Experience with IGAs and with Ultra-poor in the rural areas is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently with minor supervision
- Good writing skills in Bangla as well as the English language
Job Assignment in Brief:
Job assignment; Objective and scope of the study; Specific objective; Scope of Analysis: Methodology; Expected outputs, Timeline and others relevant issues are as per ToR Terms of Reference “Analysis of Income Generating opportunities for beneficiaries”.
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
- Applications are welcomed from individuals, research and learning institutions, or consultant teams. Interested parties should submit a Curriculum Vitae and cover letter, clearly demonstrating how skills, competencies, and experience meet the needs of the analysis, as described above, with concrete examples.
- A maximum two-page outline of the proposed research process should also be submitted, including:Proposed outline of strategy & methodology – including both theoretical and practical methods
- A brief budget covering all major costs and clearly identifying daily rates charged
- A clear indication of availability/dates
Only short-listed candidates will be called for assessment.
Good Neighbors Bangladesh
Plot 5, Road 02, Block A
Swadesh Shornaly Abashan
Purbachal Express Highway
Barua, Khilkhet, Dhaka-1229
IP phone: +88-09613858585
* Unwanted telephone calls/contacts (before or after recruitment test) will result in disqualification.